We are grateful for the tireless support of organizations that dedicate their time, resources, creativity and energy in support of advancing women’s health research and improved clinical care.
The Twenty-Five Club
Since its inception in 1939, the Twenty-Five Club has supported newborn medicine, neonatal research, and fetal interventions at UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital and Magee-Womens Research Institute. The membership is limited to 25 active members, but the society includes 12 associate members and seven lifelong members. The generous support of the Twenty-Five Club has led to breakthroughs that have impacted the health of babies locally, nationally and world-wide. Their contributions have:
- Provided comfort items for babies born with an inherited dependency on drugs;
- Supported crucial research projects in the field of newborn medicine;
- Provided important resources for over 1,800 babies who stay in Magee’s NICU each year;
- Positioned Magee as one of 12 hospitals in the country to offer fetal intervention, including in-utero surgery for Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome and spina bifida, and
- Created the Twenty-Five Club Endowed Chair in Newborn Medicine.
Interested in meeting the changing needs within UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital, the Women’s Auxiliary participates in projects that raise funds for programs dedicated to advancing patient care and comfort in partnership with the hospital leadership.
The Auxiliary has contributed to major hospital initiatives, including the expansion of Magee-Womens Research Institute, the renovation of the neonatal intensive care unit, and equipment upgrades. The Auxiliary also runs the Clothes Line, a store offering gently worn women’s clothing, jewelry, household items, books and more at their resale shop in Bloomfield.
My Philanthropy for Women’s Health Research
M-PWHR is a group of passionate, driven individuals and couples who want to promote the significance and importance of women’s health research while raising the profile and recognition of Magee-Womens Research Institute. This group is dedicated to supporting research initiatives relevant to all aspects of women’s health through meaningful and purposeful philanthropic activities.
Be the First to Know
Get the latest research, news, events and more delivered to your inbox.