What We Do
We are leaders in research that informs women’s health care all over the world. We are fighters for more women in clinical trials and more research dedicated to women’s health and reproductive biology. We are changemakers, transforming women’s lives and creating a better future for us all.
OUR RESEARCH SPANS A WOMAN’S LIFETIME, FROM THE FIRST 9 MONTHS TO 90-PLUS YEARS.
The understanding of the very beginning of life fuels and informs every area of our research—and will change lives and create a better future for us all.
Let's start at the very beginning.
- Researching germ cell development and differentiation.
- Assessing reproductive aging and fertility.
- Uncovering clues to abiogenesis (the very beginning of life).
Pregnancy & Newborn Medicine
HEALTHIER MOMS AND BABIES.
- Studying the normal and abnormal processes that shape fetal health.
- Examining the effects of gene imprinting, environment, nutrition, drugs and medication.
- Investigating pregnancy complications and their lifelong effects on health.
GROUNDBREAKING THERAPIES FOR STDs.
- Studying the impact of STDs on infertility and pregnancy.
- Uncovering more accurate diagnoses and more effective drug delivery systems.
- Developing and evaluating new HIV prevention products among the world’s most vulnerable populations (Microbicide Trials Network).
FROM CONTRACEPTION TO POSTMENOPAUSAL HEALTH.
- Investigating hormonal contraceptives and the risk of HIV.
- Studying pelvic floor dysfunction causes, treatments, and prevention.
- Enhancing women’s health and lives in developing countries.
Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
SAFER, MORE EFFECTIVE INFERTILITY TREATMENTS.
- Studying egg and sperm development.
- Investigating relevant diseases such as premature ovarian failure.
- Developing unique methods of restoring fertility.
FINDING CURES FOR CANCER.
- Studying the role of the immune system in causing and fighting breast and reproductive tract cancers.
- Identifying biomarkers for risk, severity, and response to therapy.
- Conducting large-scale clinical trials of breakthrough therapies for cervical and ovarian cancers.
HELP FOR WOMEN AT RISK.
- Developing interventions for intimate partner violence.
- Improving health care and outcomes for expectant mothers addicted to opioids.
- Evaluating and treating women’s mental health issues, including post-partum depression.