Magee Obstetric Maternal & Infant (MOMI) Database and Biobank
Twenty percent of women delivering at UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital enroll in the MOMI Biobank and provide specimens. Participants in the MOMI Biobank are demographically representative of all Magee deliveries.
These are some of the subjects that researchers are using the MOMI Database and Biobank to address:
- The causes and prevention of premature birth
- The effectiveness and safety of medications during pregnancy
- The effectiveness of vaccines and how they impact maternal and infant immunity later in life
- How pregnancy affects women’s heart health later in life
- Opioid and drug use during pregnancy and the downstream effects on future generations.
Be the First to Know
Get the latest research, news, events and more delivered to your inbox.