Magee-Womens Research Institute (MWRI) strives to offer valuable work experience and training opportunities to undergraduate, graduate, or post-doctoral students in health care and research careers through the Research Student Training Program (RSTP).
MWRI is an independent research institute and is the largest institute in the nation that focuses on reproductive biology, women’s health, and infants’ health.
Research Student Training Program (RSTP)
Our Research Student Training Program enables students to learn the rationale, design strategies, methods, and other aspects of biomedical research, and engage in studies under the direct supervision of experienced researchers.
Students must meet the following criteria to participate in the Research Student Training Program:
- The student is an undergraduate, graduate, or medical student.
- The student must have a sponsoring researcher from within MWRI.
- The student must provide evidence of being academically enrolled.
- The student has completed all necessary forms prior to his or her start date.
- Students participating in the RSTP may not extend beyond 12 months, whether the months are concurrent or across multiple semesters.
MWRI includes basic, translational, and clinical faculty researchers from the University of Pittsburgh’s Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, as well as from other departments at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Once accepted into the program, an appropriate mentor will be identified for the student.
How To Apply
For more information on this program, please send an email to the MWRI Student Experience Coordinator, Lynn Bonacci, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be the First to Know
Get the latest research, news, events and more delivered to your inbox.